RE: [platform-core-dev] org.eclipse.core.runtime.Path issue with colons

> Could you elaborate on which issues?

Well, it's not resource centric and that's the difference. The main
reason is because IPath provides a really easy-to-use interface for
abstract unique path names. We've integrated IPath into our model to use
it address a specific model type and element. If you start implementing
platform dependend behavior into IPath (eg. path seperators) a lot of
things will break (persistend strings) and we will lose the platform
independence.

I think you're problem is more specific to the Eclipse resource model
(IResource) than to IPath. IMHO it's a general issue in Java if you're
developing a platform independend applications. Sometimes you have to
drop support for platform specific features to achieve platform
independence.

Cu, Gunnar

Back to the top