Re: [platform-ant-dev] Ant view with multiple branches of same project

Please file a feature request in bugzilla.

Darin

Gabriele Garuglieri <gabriele.garuglieri@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ant-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/16/2003 07:25 AM
Please respond to platform-ant-dev

        To:        platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        [platform-ant-dev] Ant view with multiple branches of same project

I'm a bit perplexed if this problem should be treated as a bug or as an
enhancement request, for me it's rather annoying since i hit into it too
often and i tend to consider it a bug, but may be you (the developers)
are of another opinion. Please advice.

I usually work with multiple branches of the same project and use ant to
build them.
The problem is that in ant view the build file is only reported with
project name (from <project> statement) and different build files from
different branches of the same projects all shows with the same name and
the only way to distinguish between them is to look for display order,
that is the same as that of package explorer, or open their Properties,
but this becomes cumbersome when there are may opened projects and build
files and too often happens to run targets in the wrong branch.

What is needed is a decorator, for instance the name with which the
project was extracted or the CVS branch name or whatever else you like
most, that allows to choose the right ant build file at a glance.

So, how do you think it's best to proceed?

Regards,  Gabriele