RE: [platform-ant-dev] feedback

Darin,

> Problem (2): We are looking into the entity include issue.
> Are you saying that it does work if you specify the
> classpath properly? or does it not work at all?

My email was painfully unclear. I have not yet determined what the cause of
my problem is. I suspect that it is either a class loader issue or an entity
include issue. The symptom is that neither AntView nor the Launch
Configuration window will allow me to execute the build file because it
claims that "taskdef class cannot be found." The Ant class path set on the
property page file does included the jar in which the task is stored. (It's
in a jar under $ANT_HOME\lib). The problem persists whether or not the task
is explicitly defined in the property page. I am now beginning to think that
it may be a class loader issue as I may have a package which exists in two
different jars each of which contains different classes. While this does not
seem to trip up Ant, Eclipse may not like it.

I can run the build file successfully in Eclipse if I define an external
tool that calls Ant's ant.bat and specifies the targets.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services
2510 North Dodge St.