[photran] Problem with refactoring engine?

Title: sincerely_yours.txt
Dear photran coders and users,

I have recently been touched again by a problem in photran indexer (though I had no problems for several years):

>An internal error occurred during: "Photran indexer".
>java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: null

Now I also have:
An internal error occurred during: "Updating Fortran editor with new analysis information".

When I asked that to the mailing list (in 2011), Jeffrey Overbey answered
"This means that the indexer database is corrupted.  Try clicking on Refactor > (Debugging) > Clear and Rebuild Database, and it should go away."

It used to work, but now when I try to clear and rebuild the database (or several other actions in Refactor > (Debugging) ), I get
"None of the available refactoring engines have made their program databases (VPGs) available to this action"
for which I find only one reference with google (on the source of photran's code).

Any idea?
--
Sincerely yours,

Michel DEVEL