Re: [phoenix-dev] Newsgroup thread

IMHO very nice response, Denis. Honestly I think the hardest part is conceptualizing how the site will be used by different people and trying to cater to those uses. I think your statement that "we probably sense that the site's structure is 'not great, but good enough'" is mostly true, but for my part I'm not sure that any major architecture change is needed. I do think there is room for some improvement, but then we're doing that already. :)

Karl

Denis Roy wrote:
I've posted a reply to this thread on the Phoenix newsgroup, as I thought it was more appropriate.

http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=331&group=eclipse.technology.phoenix#331

It was an interesting eye-opener, and I'm curious to see if anyone on the Phoenix team shares my conclusion (ie., do we /need/ a site redesign? I think not.)

Denis

Mike Milinkovich wrote:

All,

I suggest that we take a look at and comment on this thread <http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=1521&group=eclipse.foundation#1521> on the eclipse.foundation newsgroup.

Mike Milinkovich

Executive Director

Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Office: +1.613.224.9461 x228

Mobile: +1.613.220.3223

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>

blog: http://milinkovich.blogspot.com

Denis Roy
Manager, IT Infrastructure
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.  --  http://www.eclipse.org/
Office: 613.224.9461 x224 (Eastern time)
Cell: 819.210.6481
denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxx