[phoenix-dev] Status update

As per our Phoenix 1.1 project plan[1], we had committed to doing the items listed for the 1.1 release in early March. Could Phoenix committers please send a status update as to the items that are assigned to you? My status will follow.

* Menus. Elaborate an acessible and simple menu structure for projects (125276, 125325) [Theme: Accessibility]

* Simple Polling software. Implement an infrastructure to enable polling (120884) [Theme: User Interaction]

* Screenshots. Provide screenshots to stimulate visitor interest. (12669 [Theme: Showcase]

* Article rating and sorting. It should be possible to see which articles and tutorials have been viewed the most, and which have been rated the highest, and to be able to sort the article list on this (in addition to date, topic, number of comments, type, etc.).. This could and should be extended to be used throughout Phoenix (87782 [Theme: User Interaction]

* Consistent look across the site. Pages should have same look as the rest of the website (125497) [Theme: Accessibility]

* Printable website pages. Users should be able to print website content without the extraneous graphical elements (87912) [Theme: Accessibility]

Our release schedule is as follows:

    * 2006-02-17 - Milestone 1 (1.1 M1)
    * 2006-02-28 - Milestone 2 (1.1 M2) - feature freeze
    * 2006-03-03 - Release Candidate 1
    * 2006-03-08 - Release Candidate 2
    * 2006-03-09 - Release Candidate 3
    * 2006-03-10 - Release Candidate 4

The 1.1 release is targeted for 2005-03-10. All release deliverables will be available for use and download as soon as the release has been tested and validated in the target operating configurations listed below.

--
Denis Roy
Manager, IT Infrastructure

Back to the top