[pde-dev] [Target Platform editor] What's this update button?

Hi all,

I've got some poeple in my team complaining about some usage issues with target editor. I have to admit I share some of their complaints and I usually prefer using the Target-Platform preference entry to deal with TP, since I am less surprised by it's behaviour. So I've got a couple of questions/suggestions to make, and I'd like to discuss with you whether they make sense as improvements to put in Bugzilla.

1. What is the "Update" button supposed to do? Add, Edit, Remove are explicit edition actions, and that's cool. However, I'm not sure I fully understand the meaning of this "Update" button. It makes me believe it is something like the "Reload" button in preferences, but it's probably not.
Does this update button perform an action related to edition?

2. In case TP is already loaded, I would expect clicking on "Set As Target-Platform" to behave like reload. Actually I'd rather read "(Re)load target-platform", and have it the same effect that the "Reload" button.

What do you think about it?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat