[pde-dev] How to set non-modal property to a Dialog

Hi All,

I have added a menu item to 'org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager' and registered my own class as an action for that item in makeAction() method (it's a callback method of org.eclipse.ui.application.ActionBarAdvisor class). When user clicks the menu item, it'll call my action class's run method.

In my action class run method, used following snippet
     'Dialog dialog = new MyDialog (PlatformUI.getWorkbench ().getActiveWorkbenchWindow ().getShell ());'

Here MyDialog is extending org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog, trying to create a Dialog with active workbench shell as a parent, by default parent behavior is modal.
Now I would like to change new dialog to non-modal dialog, so setting shell style property to none i.e. 'setShellStyle (SWT.NONE)', even I tried with SWT.MODELESS option, still it didn't work.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Venkat.

Back to the top