Re: [papyrus-rt-dev] Download server disk usage

Hi,

When looking a bit closer at the contents of http://download.eclipse.org/papyrus-rt/archives/?d it only seems to be the code-gen/run-time/textual stuff in those .zip-files anyway. Not sure who have any use of *only* those bits of Papyrus-RT. It also looks like the .zip-files mainly are between the period of 2015-05-13 up until 2016-09-14, so they are also pretty obsolete as well.

/Peter Cigéhn

On 5 July 2017 at 14:40, Remi Schnekenburger <rschnekenburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nightlies are supposed to be volatile, they should not be kept long. It may be interesting to save the last one from a branch for "history", and some of last ones during development on a branch, but I do not see any use case for keeping such history on old branch.
All the archive folder contains that kind of bundles...

Cheers,
Rémi

There are currently 275 entries on that page…and if each of these represent one build per individual days, this means we are keeping ~9 months of data! Do we actually need to keep nightly builds for more than a week or two?

Regards,

Charles Rivet
Senior Product Manager, Papyrus-RT product leader

On 2017-07-05, at 03:05 , Remi Schnekenburger <rschnekenburger@eclipsesource.com> wrote:

Hi team,

On the review materials for the release/graduation review, I got some message from Wayne about download server usage [1].
I had a look on the server, it seems indeed that some components are dropping some archives on the download server and do not have a task to remove them periodically [2]. So the disk usage is growing, with no specific added value (nightly bits). Could you have a look for example to the "archives" folder? There is probably some cleaning to perform.

Cheers,
Rémi

--
Remi Schnekenburger

Senior Software Architect / General Manager
EclipseSource Paris

Email: rschnekenburger@eclipsesource.com
Web: http://eclipsesource.com/paris
Phone: +33
1 85 41 08 65
Hangouts: rschnekenburger@eclipsesource.com

EclipseSource France SAS
7 rue de la Croix Martre
91120 Palaiseau

General Manager: Remi Schnekenburger
Registered Office: 7 rue de la Croix Martre, 91120 Palaiseau, France
Commercial Register 824 977 516  R.C.S. EVRY