[papyrus-rt-dev] Advice Missing since Oxygen Adoption

Hi, Team,

One consequence of the adoption of the Papyrus Oxygen platform recently was that now the element-types framework has firewalled Papyrus-based applications such as UML and UML-RT.  This is something that we’ve wanted for quite some time, but it does also mean that now we get less editing behaviour “for free” because we must now register for ourselves any common advice that Papyrus UML uses that we also need.  One such example is the NotationViewDependentsAdvice from GMF that ensures deletion of views in diagrams of elements being deleted.  This was bug 516755, which is now fixed by registering the advice in our element-types model in our UML-RT context.

What other such generic advice had we been relying on inheriting from Papyrus that has now gone AWOL?  I doubt that this was the last case, but probably Rémi has already covered several, so perhaps this is just a reminder to think of changes in advice binding when analyzing apparent regressions.

Cheers,

Christian

Back to the top