Re: [papyrus-rt-dev] Performance Regressions on Oxygen

<…SNIP…>

Personally I would prefer if the internationalization was by default was switched off, and that it did not cause any overhead at all when disabled for a model. Only models that actually have it enabled should get a performance hit from it.
<cr>
+1, I’m with Peter on that one, at least for 1.0 (Unless a quick fix can be found).

From my experience doing product management on commercial tools, the need for L10N, and therefore i18n is overrated for software/system tools like Papyrus-RT.

In fact, for RoseRT and RSA (including RTE), even though the products were i18n-ready, we only had one country where L10n was a condition for adoption: Japan.

Given this and our current target market, I would say that i18N (and non-English L10N) is not a requirement for v1.0.
</cr>

/Peter Cigéhn

<…SNIP…>

Regards,

Charles Rivet
Senior Product Manager, Papyrus-RT product leader

Back to the top