[papyrus-rt-dev] Refactoring protocol-related utilities

Hi, Team,

I am currently working on some API refactorings in the protocol-related utility classes in the Papyrus-RT Core component:
You should find if you pull from origin that there are several new deprecations in the ProtocolContainerUtils and ProtocolUtils classes.  The purpose of these deprecations is, unsurprisingly, to delete those APIs before the 1.0 release so that we don’t confuse extenders with redundant or surprising options for working with model elements.  But, before that can happen, usage of these APIs needs to be discontinued.  So, I have also in the works some Gerrit patches that migrate code to the recommended alternatives:
Other components I’m reasonably confident that I can take care of, myself, but I am not familiar with how to test these, so I would appreciate help with that (in the linked Gerrits).

Also, if you know of any other usage of these APIs that is not in the current nightly builds of the Papyrus-RT product and need more time to adjust to these API changes, please let me know.  Otherwise, I would like to complete these refactorings later this week (Thursday).

Thanks,

Christian

Back to the top