Re: [papyrus-rt-dev] Moving on to 1.0

From a product risk point of view, I would much prefer that the migration to Oxygen be done early (first?) so that there is time to deal with any unexpected results…

Regards,

Charles Rivet
Senior Product Manager, Papyrus-RT product leader

On 2017-03-28, at 04:21 , Remi Schnekenburger <rschnekenburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Christian and team,

Sorry for not answering earlier, I was not online last week.
Yes, the repository is open for 1.0 fixes.

One of the big change from 0.9 to 1.0 IMO is the migration to Oxygen version, and so to the latest version of Papyrus and dependencies. The work on Architecture Framework Viewpoint switch has been merged before M6, so we can start changing Papyrus-RT configuration to this update. Also, the element type configuration has evolved a bit (mainly refering Element types per model reference rather than string identifier, and split of contexts).

I pushed a gerrit 2 weeks ago on Information Modeling customized version of Papyrus, things went rather easy to update to Oxygen. Of course, this customization is a rather simple. But this is rather encouraging to migrate Papyrus-RT soon.

For the build system and developer setups, we may have a period of instability. Until migration has been performed for various frameworks, the builds will fail if we simply switch to Oxygen dependencies. We may start by creating a branch for migration to Oxygen, with dedicated build job? The master will remain green in the meantime. We could also proceed by components, starting from the profile, commons and then continue to tooling/codegen/others. What do you think?

Cheers,
Rémi

Hi, Team,

Sorry I had to miss Friday’s call.  I suppose my questions were answered there, but
  • is the git repository open for fixing 1.0 bugs on the master branch?
  • do we have a plan for adoption of the Oxygen platform dependencies and Papyrus?  This implies updates to the build system and the developer setup

Thanks,

Christian

Remi Schnekenburger

Senior Software Architect / General Manager
EclipseSource Paris

Email: rschnekenburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://eclipsesource.com/paris
Phone: +33
1 85 41 08 65
German Phone: +49 89 21 555 30 - 25
Fax: +49 89 21 555 30 - 19
Hangouts: rschnekenburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EclipseSource France SAS
7 rue de la Croix Martre
91120 Palaiseau

General Manager: Remi Schnekenburger
Registered Office: 7 rue de la Croix Martre, 91120 Palaiseau, France
Commercial Register 824 977 516  R.C.S. EVRY