Re: [papyrus-rt-dev] Updating and maintaining "A UML-RT Profile for Papyrus"

I have not checked in a while, but I believe that RSA allowed free-form diagrams. Unfortunately, even if we support this in Papyrus - and I strongly believe we should -- it is unlikely that we will be able to produce the kind of elegant diagrams that Visio can produce. Please note that I am particularly hung up on well designed diagrams; I was trained as a classical engineer and even had to pass an engineering drafting course in my freshman year. As a result, I have a strong bias towards esthetically pleasing engineering diagrams and am really upset by sloppy ones. (BTW, I have LOTS of objections to the diagrams in Papyrus, and in RSA, for that matter.)

Based on the above, although I very much agree that we should be able to generate the UML-RT profile document using Gendoc and Papyrus, I doubt that we can do that in the short term. Consequently, until we can, I think we should keep the document in Word format.

Finally, as far as I am aware, I am no longer the owner of that document. I believe that it was handed over to Remi, when he was still at CEA. Perhaps it should now be owned by Zeligsoft? Note that I am happy to help out with anyone who has questions about the document.

Cheers... Bran