[papyrus-rt-dev] Integrating the Capsule Structure Inheritance Branch

Hi, Team,

My work on the Capsule Structure Inheritance feature branch has now progressed to the point where I think we need to start integrating it into master for the 0.9/1.0 release.  The Papyrus-RT editor seems to be fairly stable, and I believe that a long “soak” interval ahead of the release will be of some benefit.  Keeping in mind, also, that other dependencies such as Compare will need a stable feed of builds soon to start their work.

To that end, I have prepared a stack of Gerrit reviews that should account for the modular structure of the builds:

  • 88008 — introduces the new org.eclipse.papyrusrt.umlrt.uml bundle (and its tests) in the Profile component.  This bundle implements the new Eclipse-independent UML metamodel implementation for UML-RT semantics, along with a façade API
  • 88010 — integration of the UML-RT metamodel into the Papyrus-RT core editing environment, via the “UML-RT” language extension.  Also deletes an obsolete synchronization bundle and adds JUnit test fixtures that integrate the UML-RT implementation in test setup
  • 88011 — implementation of the inheritance support in the Capsule Structure Diagram, Properties View, and Model Explorer.  With deletion of the rest of the experimental diagram synchronization code from way back when
Now, obviously these patches have to be integrated singly and in sequence because each depends on API in the previous.  Currently only the first patch passes Gerrit validation because it is the one that defines the base APIs on which everything else is built.

So, given that there is a lot of code in here and an appreciable risk to stability, and given also that the work is not yet complete (for example, I have not yet begun to consider the tweaking of validation-related operations in the UML API), how should we proceed?

Thanks,

Christian

Back to the top