Re: [papyrus-rt-dev] git tags for releases

So how about if we just create the branch but don't do any of the supporting build infrastructure until (and if) it is actually needed?

If there are really urgent bugs for early adopters/customizers, then we can do the additional work then.

We could also just create the tag and not the branch and only create the branch until we actually need it.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 11:14 AM SCHNEKENBURGER Remi 211865 <Remi.SCHNEKENBURGER@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Given the current plan, i would indeed expect that a few bugfixes should be pushed to the stream/0.8-maintenance branch. It would be indeed costly to work on both branch. But for the early adopters/customizers, i would expect the need of only small but important fixes (priority of the viewpoint for example) on the stable branch.

Regards,
Rémi

De : Christian Damus
Envoyé : ‎26/‎10/‎2016 16:55
À : papyrus-rt developer discussions

Objet : Re: [papyrus-rt-dev] git tags for releases

Hi,

Do we have a clear idea of what the criteria are for deciding what bugs need to be fixed in a maintenance branch?  As I understand it, the 0.9 release is planned for the middle of December   It hardly seems worth the overhead of duplication of builds, setups, commits, testing, etc. for 0.8 maintenance.

Christian