[papyrus-rt-dev] UML-RT Compare in Oomph Setup?

Hi, Team,

I noticed today that there are some new compare-related bundles in the Papyrus-RT git repo, in the plugins/umlrt/tooling tree.  These are imported into the workspace by the existing Tooling sub-project of the Papyrus-RT Oomph setup model, but the setup does not provide any targlet content to support these bundles (obviously we now require EMF Compare, at least).  So, lots of red Xes.

It would be nice to have a compare-specific sub-project in the setup.  Could somebody please add that?  And make sure that the Tooling sub-project excludes these bundles from the workspace import? (which could be assisted by the next item ...)

Do we want these to be in the tooling tree or would it make more sense to give them their own tree in git, especially considering that
  • the EMF Compare feature is an optional installation
  • we have (so far) mostly disjoint committer groups working on the compare bundles, the tooling bundles, and the codegen bundles (not to say that we shouldn’t all contribute to any and all of these areas, which we already do from time to time, as a team naturally does)
Also, a large number of source files in the compare bundles had EOL line errors in git; I had to fix those in commit bbcd582 to avoid being blocked in the creation of new commits.

Thanks,

Christian

Back to the top