Re: [papyrus-rt-dev] [xtumlrt model] missing source generation

Hi Céline.

These are the meta-models of the intermediate representation for the code generator which are also the abstract syntax for the textual syntax of UML-RT. We developed these in collaboration with IncQuery and they still use them. The source code is generated from the Ecore models, but we didn't commit them to git because the code is generated from the models and since we usually don't modify such generated code, it is considered redundant. Furthermore, it is prone to become outdated if someone fails to generate the code after Ecore or Genmodel changes. In any case, the decision was taken in coordination with IncQuery, since, as I said, they were one of the contributors and they depend on these.

For this reason, I have been working on the developer setup (see change 70911 on Gerrit) that will automatically generate that code. I haven't merged it yet because one of the models fails to generate for me (although it seems to work for Christian). By the way, could you try that setup to see if it generates code for you?

In the meantime, the instructions in the wiki describe how to generate code manually.