[papyrus-rt-dev] [Releng] Pom Hierarchy Refactor

Hello Everyone,

We are working on a new hierachy of the pom structure for PapyrusRT project in order to be aligned with the common usage of maven.
During this reflexion, there are several points raised that need your experience on the topic.

1) Maven Hierarchy refactor:

The releng folder contains too many folders.

That is why we plan to not have a sub-pom in the releng/xyz for the main sub part of Papyrus RT but to add it into the plugins/umlrt/xyz folder . Does it make sense to you ?

Another question remains, what should we do with the releng/xyz/site folder? Which is a sub p2 for the specific features.
Do you see any usefull reasons to keep it ?
I checked in SysML 1.4 project, it only has one main p2.

2) Using Target Platform

 As the experience seems to give good results, we will use the Target Platform to manage dependencies. We would like to have several TP's depending on the needs:

* Eclipse (latest release (Neon) or previous release (Mars))

* Papyrus (nightly or latest release (Neon M7))
* Papyrus RT (nightly or latest release )

The combination of those 3 levels of dependencies will be used in the Hudson jobs, in order to check compatibility, quality and regression between TP's.

Using the TP is working properly if the build is launched from the root (the TP is defined in the main pom.xml ).
The open point is how can we manage the build of a sub project like "codegen" that is currently done in the Job ?

a. Do we really need to be able to build any sub-project ?
b. Maybe we can manage the sub module through different profiles into the main pom.xml ?
c. We should define the TP into each level of the hierarchy

You are welcome to give your opinion on those 2 topics.

Best regards

Céline
--

  Céline JANSSENS
Software Engineer

6 rue Léonard De Vinci - BP 0119 - 53001 LAVAL Cedex - FRANCE
www.all4tec.net

Back to the top