[papyrus-rt-dev] Why is the Java8 JRE in Hudson a 32-bit build?

Hi,

It turns out that the Neon branch builds are failing because the Java8 JRE that is configured in the Papyrus-RT Hudson instance is a 32-bit VM.  So, in order to launch an Eclipse instance for testing, the 32-bit SWT fragments and others like it need to be installed by p2, not the 64-bit fragments.

I suppose the Master build, Java 7 based, is using the 64-bit JRE, right?

How do we even have the 32-bit JRE available for Java 8 on this system?  Should I just reconfigure the Neon build to provision a 32-bit Eclipse instance for testing, or is there some way to get access to a 64-bit Java 8?

Thanks,

Christian

Back to the top