Re: [p2-dev] Disabling apply now

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there any reason why we think people are starting to hit the "apply now" button any more than they did in the past? As far as I know we have had the "apply now" button since 3.0. Are there more cases now where hitting the "apply now" button causes failure?

To say the least, I am hesitant to put this change post RC4. Especially for an issue that has been around for 6+ years.

From my personal experience of working with a few clients in 3.6 land... almost anyone who is building an IDE on top of Eclipse is disabling this ability via the p2 ui policy due to bugs they get downstream. However, Tom has a point that this behavior has been there forever, but that's not a reason to not change it. It's also RC4 which is a bit late to even collect community consensus about this change.

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk