[p2-dev] Export feature, p2 metadata and drop ins.

http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/guide/tools/export_wizards/export_features.htm
motivates how p2 metadata is needed for the 'install into your running host' option.

It appears to me that the advanced options (categorize, package as individual JAR archives) can be used to create a p2 equivalent of an old style update site, or not?

When using the output for a drop in install, it is not clear how the p2 metadata is used.
I would assume that the reconciler would generate p2 metadata for the affected profile for features and plugins found in the dropin folder.

Does the reconciler use the p2 metadata in drop-in folder? If so in which way?

Thanks,

Henrich

Back to the top