[p2-dev] Difference between content.xml and content.jar

Hi all,

Today we observed a strange behaviour with our Update Site: When the content
and artifacts files were jared-up (content.jar & artifacts.jar), the Update
Manager complained about unsatisfied dependencies when installing some
features (not all). After unzipping the two JARs and using the plain XML-files
instead, everything worked fine. How can this happen? We are using Eclipse
3.4.2.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Meinl                        room: Z815
Nycomed Chair for Bioinformatics      fax: +49 (0)7531 88-5132

Back to the top