Re: [p2-dev] P2 and Presence of site.xml

IMHO, searching site.xml BEFORE artifacts.xml/.jar & content.xml/.jar is a bug, not a feature.

If it knows there's a site.xml at example.com, but the next time it checks the site.xml is gone, will it then check for artifacts & content? Or just give up?

If the end user hits 'Help > install new software > available software sites > test connection' for the site, would that force p2 to check in newest-format-then-oldest-format order?

Ian Bull wrote:
Nick is almost right, but there is one small gotcha to watch out for.

p2 loops through the different types of sites, in order (not sure exactly what that order is), but it gives precedence to previous repository types it has seen.

So if it has seen a site.xml at http://example.com before, then it will try
http://example.com/site.xml first.  If this fails, then it will move on.

cheers,
ian