From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "osgi-users" <osgi-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: osgi-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [osgi-users] HttpService and jakarta.servlet
Date: Thu, Jun 24, 2021 18:57

Hi,

I would like to use Jersey 3.X (which is based on the jakarta
namespace...e.g. jakarta.servlet rather than javax.servlet) and the OSGi
HttpService.   Currently, the OSGi 8 HttpService interface references
the old namespce for Servlet...i.e. javax.servlet.Servlet [1].

Jersey 3, it seems...uses/refers to the jakarta.servlet.Servlet class
and provides an implementation...e.g.
org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer (which implements
jakarta.servlet.Servlet.

Is there a way to run use Jersey 3's ServletContainer (jakarta
hamespace) with HttpService (javax namespace) implemented by
Jetty?...and/or others?

Thanksinadvance,

Scott

[1] https://osgi.github.io/osgi/cmpn/service.http.html#i1223311