[orion-dev] Introduction

Hi All,

I thought I would post a message here in case anyone is interested in what I am working on or wishes to discuss how it could fit into Orion.

You can get a brief overview of where I see things are heading for debuggers/IDEs and where I fit in here:

  http://groups.google.com/group/firebug-working-group/msg/5293d35c71e65372

The areas I am interested in discussing in the context of Orion are:

* How do you intend to link and load JavaScript modules once they become numerous? * How do you intend to manage the dependencies once you start relying on outside services and code? * How do you intend to centrally test Orion including the integration with external services? * How do you intend to facilitate a 'light' development approach allowing users to easily contribute functionality?

These are the kinds of things I have been working on for a while with the initial outcome being a JavaScript module loader and dependency management approach:

  https://github.com/pinf/loader-js

If the loader is not a good fit for Orion I wish to discuss how Orion 'tools' could be loaded into PINF-based programs.

Looking forward to feedback.

Christoph

Back to the top