Re: [orbit-dev] ebr-maven-plugin: How to handle odd licenses? (Invalid license 'Custom license based on Apache 1.1')

Hi Gunnar,

you wrote:
>> On a related note, the plugin also requires a <reference>, i.e., an URI
>> at which the license can be found. As dom4j.org doesn't list the
>> license, the best I can think of is
>>
>> <https://github.com/dom4j/dom4j/blob/477a4fbe006e0a637eba803bee7e6cdcc46e81db/LICENSE>
>
> Ultimately, the IP team should make the final call. I think such a link is fine. It's also possible to configure a 'localLicenseFiles' mapping in the IP log mojo so that no attempt is made to download a license file.

Can you tell me a bit more how <localLicenseFiles> is supposed to be
used? I had a brief look at the EclipseIpInfoMojo code [1], but couldn't
figure it out. :-(

For now, I have simply created src/main/resources/about.html and
src/main/resources/about_files/LICENSE.txt based on what was in the
pre-EBR org.dom4j bundle.

But maybe that's not the EBR Way, as I get a warning:

> [WARNING] Found existing about.html file at ... Please set the force property to true in order to update/override it (eg. '-Dforce=true' via command line).

Likewise for the ip_log.xml. This seems to suggest that these files are
supposed to be generated *during* the build rather than checked into
Git. Is this correct? But settings -Dforce=true doesn't do anything
(like downloading a license file).

Hope you can help me out here,

Andreas

[1]