Re: [orbit-dev] Extending the Orbit Scope

> On 3. May 2017, at 13:53, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The main issues I see are that:
> * It makes Orbit depend on Platform, so there is now a cycle in dependencies

Technically it already is. We need Equinox for OSGi dependencies.

> * It makes Orbit now maintains specific code, and does more than plain packaging and distribution of 3rd party.

Right. That is a concern that needs to be discussed. Personally, I don't see this as an issue because sometimes we already do. However, I could also see this being a nice example for a "micro" project. On GitHub I would simply create it and be done. Doesn't work with Eclipse yet. Setting up a new project is heavy. :)

-Gunnar

Back to the top