Re: [orbit-dev] Versions of Export-Package

> Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Most of our dependencies are on libraries that were built as part ofreleased
> JCP specifications. I am having a difficult time understanding why
> these types
> of libraries could not provide a version on their package exports, but in the
> end, I defer to the experts :)

I agree, if the bundle contains a package which is part of a JSR then, in theory ,the JSR should have defined the package version.  Unfortunately this is not always true.  For example, we have yet to find a definitive document which states the package versions of all the packages that comprise the various versions of JavaSE.  If you have examples of bundles in orbit that you think should have package versions and you know what the package versions should be, then by all means open a bug and we can get it fixed in orbit.

Tom.

Back to the top