Re: [orbit-dev] Orbit as a source of OSGi bundles for the world?

> Seriously though, during the creation of Orbit everyone was mindful of the
> real cost of putting things through the IP process.  Getting quality bundles
> is a real challenge today.  Many of the ones you find out there (and in
> Orbit) have issues.  The OSGi alliance is the ideal party to step up here
> but they don't have the resources.

It will never happen with the OSGi alliance - this is not what they
are about or for. This is a Foundation matter.

> In any event, as David says, the best we can really do not is to get all the
> Eclipse projects to *proactively* contribute their third party lib bundles
> to Orbit for everyone to use more easily.

I'm not parsing this  - think there's a syntax error in there somewhere
around 'not' :)   Are projects not contributing their third party bundles?
For shame!

 --oh

Back to the top