[openadx] Testbed Simulation Next Steps

Hello all,

first of all, sorry, that I did not follow up after the workshop we had on January 31st. The Bosch Connected World took all my time and more than that, so that I was on sick leave after the event. But this does not mean we stopped this, let’s get back to work on this!

Concerning BCW, the event was really a real success, I hope you followed that on social media, if not, you can get some impressions here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noOPsat2DWE&list=PL9Hl-EX9h_nUkrZN9ls2A40iNjKFFsQkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6Ia8ISJNQ

Here you see a picture from the keynbote of Mr. Hoheisel, member of the Bosch board, who officially announced Bosch’s participation in OpenADx!

There are also some block posts out there, which describe details of OpenADx to the public:

https://blog.bosch-si.com/developer/autonomous-driving-toolchain/

https://blog.bosch-si.com/developer/autonomous-driving-accelerator-openadx-launched

https://blog.bosch-si.com/developer/5-things-you-should-know-about-openadx/

This should be enough marketing for Bosch Connected World for now . Some of you I saw there and hopefully they join in with this.

Coming to our testbed demonstrator.

Here is a short plan for the next steps. In the next days I will invite for a telco in the week between April 9th and 13th. In this telco, I would like to discuss the state of preparations done so far and plan the next face-to-face workshop. I will invite the participants of the last workshop, but you can ping me if you are not invited to get the invitation as well.

Questions addressed:

  • Status preparations
  • Architectural open issues (interfaces, data structures, dds implementation)
  • Required infrastructure for the event
  • Time Frame for the event

The time frame idea for the next face-to-face meeting would be the weeks April 23rd to May 9th.

The goal of the face-to-face would be to plug all the components together, which we identified last time. So, the preparation should reflect this goal and we should be able to show something running after the event.

One idea that came up recently was, to think about a use case like debugging, i.e., a possibility to start/stop all components with a single action. It would be great if you could think about this and whether this is easily possible and if so, how this could be addressed by your component.

This is it from my side, I’ll come back with an invitation, at least for those who were here in Waiblingen the last time.

Viele Grüße/Cheers,

Lars

Dr. Lars Geyer-Blaumeiser

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Customer Success Services - Open Source Services (INST-CSS/BSV-OS)
Stuttgarter Str. 130
71332 Waiblingen
GERMANY

Tel. +49 172 4815079
lars.geyer-blaumeiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.bosch-si.com

Connect with us on Twitter <
https://twitter.com/boschsi> , LinkedIn <https://de.linkedin.com/company/bosch-software-innovations-corp->  and YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/user/InnovationsSoftware> !
www.blog.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B;
Executives: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn

Back to the top