Re: [open-regulatory-compliance] Stewards, open source projects etc

Excellent suggestion. I don't think the specific mechanism has been suggested.

I think dating the attestation would be important. An attestation is more that the software was developed with secure practices than there are no current vulnerabilities. If a project should lose the status, for example its maintainer was hit by a bus, what would be the process to get reflected in its attestation being revoked and the same percolating up to all packages that depend on it? This feels like a problem the SBOM people would know how to answer.

Joe Murray, PhD
President, JMA Consulting