Re: [open-regulatory-compliance] More edge cases

On 4 Jul 2024, at 13:53, Christian (fukami) Horchert <chorchert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

8) If BigCo employs ALL of committers of the Tomcat project and allows them to work on Tomcat tasks as part of their employment does that change the answers to Q1 & Q2?

No.

Clear. And as a second angle/follow up - how do we ensure that in this case (as ALL committers are employees of BigCo) - we pass the `other than a manufacturer' hurdle:

Article 3 - (14)   ‘open-source software steward’

means a legal person, other than a manufacturer, that has the purpose or objective of systematically providing support on a sustained basis for the development of specific products with digital elements, qualifying as free and open-source software and intended for commercial activities, and that ensures the viability of those products;

Or is your thinking purely as it qualifies as open source - we are good from this angle too ?

With kind regards,

Dw.

Back to the top