Re: [oniro-wg] Towards an Oniro chat service: channels structure proposal

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 5:19 PM Agustín Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

## Background

Eclipse Foundation IT is working on implementing an Oniro chat service
based on Matrix[1], as described in the IT Infrastructure and Services
Implementation and Migration Plan v1.1.0[2].

Hello all,
My comments to the proposal:
1. I like the idea of starting with a limited number of channels. Will they be done as two rooms in one workspace or two completely separate rooms?
2. The request of having an Eclipse account is not needed in my opinion. As said in other messages, this is not what people expect with Matrix. If this is to make sure people follow the rules, a banner like "By posting in this channel you agree to abide the code of conduct, and the IP policy" would be acceptable?
3. This is not clearly said if channels will be archived or not.

Kind regards,
Marta

Back to the top