Re: [oniro-wg] MoM Marketing meeting 2022wk7

Hello Andrei,

On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 5:49:17 PM CET Andrei Gherzan wrote:
> Hi Agustin,
>
> I seem to have multiple events in my calendar for this meeting. How do you
> maintain the Oniro meetings? I seem to have outdated ics entries in my
> calendar (which made me miss today's meeting).

Some people at EF believe (myself included), based on our experience with this
problem you mention, that some notifications from Google calendar do not
arrive to Huawei employees inbox, especially the meeting cancellation ones,
despite being sent (other people from different companies (even using Outlook)
do get them.

The solution is far from easy. My recommendation at the moment is to:
* Check the web version of the Oniro calendar when in doubt.
* Add the Oniro calendar to you Outlook and import it regularly (erase the
previous one or de-activate it).

The links for the above actions are on this page: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/
groups/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/proposal-incubation-stage-oniro/-/wikis/
Meetings#oniro-calendar

I try to add to the Oniro calendar all the events related with the project.
Now the the projects are starting to become a reality, I will look for
extending the people that can manage the calendar (PMC).

If the current solution does not work for the projects, we will need to find
one.

The problem I mention is different from other reported one which was "getting
too many notifications" when introducing changes in meetings.

Most of these ones are due to myself notifying changes more than I should.
There are a couple of reasons for this and I hope I have found solutions for
them already.

> Regards,
>
> Andrei Gherzan – Principal Open Source Architect, Open Source Technology
> Center
 华为技术有限公司 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

> Email: andrei.gherzan@xxxxxxxxxx
>
>  本邮件及其附件含有华为公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组。禁
> 止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发)本邮件中
> 的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件!
> HUAWEI, which
 is intended only for the person or entity whose address is