Re: [omr-dev] Help needed - what is wrong with this IL?

Hi Dibyendu,

Thanks for sending the log through. I think the error message from the validator is being a little misleading - the reference counter for n161n in your log is 2 (the rc=2 on the lines where that node is printed in the trees). The node is only referenced by one parent and so the reference count should be 1. The error message you are getting is triggered when the end of the basic block is reached the node's ref count has not reached zero - ie the count suggests there is a future use outside of the block which would be illegal.

Cheers,

Andrew Craik
Testarossa JIT Common Optimizer and x86 Code Generation Team Lead
JIT Compiler Development and Performance
IBM Canada Lab

Phone: 1-905-413-3620
E-mail:
ajcraik@xxxxxxxxxx
Find me on:
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/andrewcraik
IBM

8200 Warden Ave
Markham, ON L6G 1C7
Canada

Inactive hide details for Dibyendu Majumdar ---22-06-2018 19:12:19---Hi, I am getting an error:Dibyendu Majumdar ---22-06-2018 19:12:19---Hi, I am getting an error: