[omr-dev] Update on C-front end

Hi

As I reported earlier I have been working on a C front-end to OMR JIT.
I am pleased to say that I have completed the first draft
implementation - and am now testing that the implementation works.

I also created a C api for OMR in order to use it in my C front-end.
Links to the key files below.

OMR C api: https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/nj/blob/master/jitbuilder/c-api/nj_api.h

C front-end implementation:
https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/dmr_c/tree/master/omrjit-backend

Test cases that work:
https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/dmr_c/blob/master/omrjit-backend/testomrbackend.c

Of course there are bugs as many of my other tests in dmr_C fail at
the moment. I suspect mostly this is due to my misunderstanding of
what some IL does.

I need to rework the C api implementation to avoid using some of the
JitBuilder scaffolding ... I think I have a better understanding now
of what I need to do. But I will do this after I fix the bugs in the C
front-end implementation.

Once above is done I am happy to submit a pull request for the C-api
work if there is interest in it.

Regards
Dibyendu

Back to the top