Re: [omr-dev] ResolvedMethod question

With regards to the question below - I have an additional question
regarding memory and lifetimes. It seems that ResolvedMethod
implementation accepts various pointers and holds on to them. But
presumably does not free them as far as I can tell. What is the
assumption here with regards to memory management?

On 11 June 2018 at 21:01, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am looking at how to register foreign functions or call a function
> via pointer. Looking at MethodBuilder and ThunkBuilder I can see that
> to call a function an instance of ResolvedMethod is needed. How is the
> ResolvedMethod linked to the Code Cache? Is it stored anywhere - or is
> it just an interface that must be defined for any callable function? I
> presume that the list of foreign functions can be simply maintained by
> the front-end?
>
> Regards
> Dibyendu

Back to the top