Re: [omr-dev] Is this correct IL codegen?

Sorry, didn't see this message before responding to the other one.

> Additional questions:
>
> 1. When doing indirect store/load I assume that the address needs to
> be properly aligned as per the value being accessed?

The IL does not place any requirements on alignment, though if the address isn't aligned
there are platforms where the load/store will be slower / will cause a fault.

> 2. I assume that the load/store operation doesn't care if the address
> is of a local array or a pointer address?

It does not care: it's simply dereferencing the computed address to load/store the appropriately
sized data.

Mark Stoodley 8200 Warden Avenue
Senior Software Developer Markham, L6G 1C7
IBM Runtime Technologies Canada
Phone:+1-905-413-5831
e-mail:mstoodle@xxxxxxxxxx

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein

Back to the top