Re: [omr-dev] our coding standard

Thanks for posting samples of several alternatives Matthew.

+1 for LLVM

..daryl

    Inactive hide details for Mark Stoodley---08/29/2016 05:03:04 PM---Matthew was good enough to point out the following relevant Mark Stoodley---08/29/2016 05:03:04 PM---Matthew was good enough to point out the following relevant articles that I thought everyone would f

    From: Mark Stoodley/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
    To: omr developer discussions <omr-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: 08/29/2016 05:03 PM
    Subject: Re: [omr-dev] our coding standard
    Sent by: omr-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

    Matthew was good enough to point out the following relevant articles
    that I thought everyone would find interesting:

    https://engineering.mongodb.com/post/succeeding-with-clangformat-part-1-pitfalls-and-planning/)
    https://engineering.mongodb.com/post/succeeding-with-clangformat-part-2-the-big-reformat/)
    https://engineering.mongodb.com/post/succeeding-with-clangformat-part-3-persisting-the-change/)
    > about reformatting a large codebase using clang-format.

    Has anyone had a chance to review the auto formatted versions
    of OMR that Matthew thoughtfully put together for us? For your
    convenience:

    * LLVM
    https://github.com/mgaudet/omr/commits/clang-format-llvm
    * Webkit
    https://github.com/mgaudet/omr/commits/clang-format-webkit
    * Mozilla
    https://github.com/mgaudet/omr/commits/clang-format-mozilla
    * Chromium
    https://github.com/mgaudet/omr/commits/clang-format-chromium
    * Google
    https://github.com/mgaudet/omr/commits/clang-format-google

    I would like to decide by the end of the week, if possible. My vote is
    for LLVM.

    What do you think?

    --mark