Re: [nebula-dev] XViewer - customization selection widget?

Mike,

I have been following that discussion, and I think I see how it related to my problem.

I have explored this a bit and see how I can query the customizations and how to programmatically
select them. I've got that much working without needing to change any XViewer code.

The chooser widget also needs to listen to change events - which means adding event notification
APIs to XViewer. In addition, when a customization is selected, that same customization is not
the one that is passed through the update mechanism (ie into CustomizeManager.loadCustomization()),
so even when the notification of that event is received, the CustomizeData object received is a new
one, not the one the user selected...making it impossible to determine which one the user selected
(so it can become selected in the chooser). I'm not sure how to best solve that problem, yet.

So, from what I've gathered, the answers to first question is:
A) Does this exist?  No.

As for my second question:
B) Would this be useful to anyone else?

I don't know if anyone else would use this, but since this is going to involve some plumbing
into XViewer, it might be best to build this widget into the XViewer sources, rather than as
part of the code for our own project.

Chris

On 12/10/2010 6:25 PM, Stapleton, Mike wrote:
> Chris,
> Follow the chain of emails between Donald and I over the past few days and you will see that this is exactly what he helped me with. Works really sweat to but it isn't something you'll go looking for so the example sheds much light on how to do certain types of functionality like this.

chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services