Re: [nattable-dev] Lazy data loading

Hi,

NatTable is a framework to create tables/grids/trees that can handle huge datasets. The resulting control is operating on data in memory. Currently you are limited to the memory and Integer.MAX_VALUE for what you are handling. There are a lot of projects that operate on huge datasets already, but of course I don't know of what kind of dataset you are talking about.

If you need lazy loading, you can already implement this with a custom IDataProvider that lazily loads data per request. It is just that we currently do not support this out of the box.

For the disposal on scrolling we would need to introduce scroll events or something similar that triggers disposal. But I'm not sure how this fits into the current architecture.

Regarding the document you found, this is the draft for a upcoming roadmap, which I will probably announce end of August. There is a more current version in the forum: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/783836/

The items at the bottom are items that are not related to the basic objectives of the planned releases, so they have a low priority.

As we are a open source project, there are two ways to increase the priority:

1. Implement it yourself and contribute back. We will support in terms of reviews and answering questions.
2. Sponsor the development. If you pay us for implementing the feature, the priority of course increases.

Hope that helps.

Greez,
Dirk