[mylar-dev] Alt+Click on Linux

Hi all,

I'm sure I'm not the first one to run into this problem:

On Linux by default holding alt and clicking (more specifically dragging) moves windows around the screen. This overrides Mylar's alt+click in the package explorer to show un-interesting items.

To disable the alt+drag to move:

(I did this on Gnome 2.14.0 for the record)

- open a terminal and run gconf-editor
Go into: /apps/metacity/general

and edit the mouse_button_modifier field. Setting it to nothing disables it. You can use <Super> to set it to the windows key.

Exit gconf-editor, and you're good to go.

Background info: Metacity is the window manager that gnome (and maybe other desktop environments use, I don't know) uses by default, which handles mouse and keyboard input.

Cheers,
Nathan

Back to the top