Re: [mpc-dev] New use of MPC

Hi Mickael,

I can't find a bug ID in your E-Mail so can't read up on background …

On a general note,
  • There might be lots of editors on the marketplace supporting .py files, which one(s) would you favor ?
  • What if I prefer associating .py with the existing plain text editor (or other already-installed one which I already have), would I "Ignore Marketplace proposal" and then see another Open With dialog ? This is not obvious from the wording; I'd prefer a single dialog over multiple dialogs
My intuitive expectation would be a dialog like this:

"
(Eclipse-Productname) has no file association for ".py" files yet.
  (o) Choose an installed Editor
        |---------------------|
        | editor1              s
        | editor2              c
        | editor3              r
        | editor4              o
        | editor5              l
   (o) Look for an Editor from the Marketplace
   (o) Open with System Editor (gedit)

( ) And remember this association

Note: You can always right-click > Open With
To change your selection of editor for a file.
"

Martin