[mosquitto-dev] Upcoming 2.0.19 release plus updates

Dear all,

On Wednesday at 12 UTC I'll be making the 2.0.19 release of Mosquitto,
which includes a few security fixes.

Some time in the first half of October, test.mosquitto.org will be
moving to a new host. If you're connecting to it using the hostname
then you should be largely unaffected.

I would like to make some impact on the backlog of issues on github.
I'm considering having a regular "office hours" slot probably at a UK
afternoon time, where I am working through issues and am also
available for people to come and help out - I would be very very
grateful for triaging of issues to find those that are high priority,
close any that need closing and answer questions where there isn't a
direct code problem. If you'd be interested in helping out, please
pipe up! In the first instance, getting a 2.0.20 out would be the
idea.

In terms of the way overdue 2.1 release, there are a few items I still
want to address. The first is offering the possibility of the future
removal of the "per_listener_settings" option, by giving dedicated
options that cover the functionality that it provides - like listener
specific allow_anonymous, for example. I'm also part way through a
mosquitto_ctrl addition which gives an interactive shell mode for
working with the dynamic security plugin (and future API based
plugins). It's nice, but still needs some polish. I'm sure there are
some other things as well. A nice to have example would be to get
tests on Windows working. I think that will have to wait though.

What this means is that there is still the opportunity to get other
small additions into 2.1, so if there is a pull request that you think
should be included then please get in touch.

All in all I'm really keen to pick up from the doldrums of the past
while and get back into a regular release cadence and am looking for
help with that.

Regards,

Roger

Back to the top