Re: [mosquitto-dev] Authentication failure

Is the mosquitto service actually running?

As of mosquitto version 2.0.18 (at least), the passwd file requires read access for the ‘mosquitto’ user that is created when installing the software.  Otherwise starting the mosquitto service fails. This is documented, but is easy to overlook.

P.