[mosquitto-dev] Password Authentication of clients in Broker

Broker: eclipse-mosquitto
Version: 2.0.18
security: ACL

Hello everyone,

Can someone help me point out the code implementation in eclipse-mosquitto where it compare the plain text password of client with the hash value stored in passwordfile to authenticate the client.

I have been tracing the code. I have observed that the broker recieves the password in plain text form. But the password in brokers ACL( passwordfile ) will be stored in Hashed form. So I've been running into dead ends when I search for the code/function where it compares the passwords.

Any suggestions or answers are much appreciated.

Thank You.

Back to the top