[mosquitto-dev] mosquito - MacBook Pro with M1

I am trying to build mosquitto from sources and running into a build issue:

[ 91%] Linking C shared module mosquitto_message_timestamp.so

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:

  "_mosquitto_callback_register", referenced from:

      _mosquitto_plugin_init in mosquitto_message_timestamp.c.o

  "_mosquitto_callback_unregister", referenced from:

      _mosquitto_plugin_cleanup in mosquitto_message_timestamp.c.o

  "_mosquitto_property_add_string_pair", referenced from:

      _callback_message in mosquitto_message_timestamp.c.o

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64

make[2]: *** [plugins/message-timestamp/mosquitto_message_timestamp.so] Error 1

make[1]: *** [plugins/message-timestamp/CMakeFiles/mosquitto_message_timestamp.d

Questions:

a. Any way to just build the api not the entire suite?

b. My goal is to build a binding to Ada and the FSF ada I have produces x86 objects. Hence I have to build the api with the gcc that came with FSF ada which is: gcc (GCC) 11.2.0

Appreciate any insights and pointers.

TIA, Srini

Back to the top