[mosquitto-dev] Setting up TLS

I’m working through setting up Mosquitto with TLS, and have gone through the steps in http://mosquitto.org/man/mosquitto-tls-7.html

What I’m not clear on though is which of the generated files goes where….

In mosquitto.conf am I right in setting:

   cafile  ca.crt

   certfile  server.crt

   keyfile  server.key

(I’m using the ‘with encryption’ in generating server.key)

On the client, is it server.crt which needs to be used in the --cafile parameter to _pub/_sub?

I’m working without client certificates to begin with – though similar questions might arise when I enable this too!

Put another way, it would be handy if that man page had a little extra info about where/how to use the various files?

Back to the top