[mosquitto-dev] A Few Questions about mosquitto.conf File

Hi Mosquitto Team,

I have recently started working on a project which is based on Mqtt and I have chosen Mosquitto v1.4.2 installed on centOS 6.6 as the broker. I had a few doubts regarding options available in the mosquitto.conf file.

1. The field "max_inflight_messages" does it specify the number of messages which are in transit for one client or is it the total number of messages that are in transit from the broker ??

2. The field "max_queued_messages", if I put a count of 10 on this field and lets suppose I am sending the messages to a offline device where messages could not be delivered then what will happen if I try to publish a 11th message to the same client  using a QoS level of 2.

3. I am working on sending push notifications to android devices, if I submit a notification to a device which is not going to come online again to receive the notification then how can I delete that request from my broker so that it does not continuously retries sending the message to the same client for an indefinite period of time.

4. What is the implementation of field "store_clean_interval" as I was not able to properly understand this field.

5. The field "persistent_client_expiration" when I set it to 10m (10 minutes) and a client does not connects with in this time duration then also the messages that were to be transferred to this client are not removed from the broker queue.

If you could provide answer to these queries then it would be very helpful for my project.

Regards,
Saud_mosquitto

Back to the top